The 2012 Baker's Dozen Half Marathon and 5k is in the books! Saturday was easily the most fun I've ever had as a race director. I'll give you the full race report tomorrow, but here is the Reader's Digest version. We were privileged to have renowned photographer Alex Santiago at the race so most of these awesome pictures are from him. The Baker's Dozen included:
1) Astronomical amounts of gourmet cookies, Moon Pies, donuts, and cupcakes. I was worried that runners would become diabetic by just LOOKING at the aid station (also known as the Sugar Shack).
2) The most awesome, fun-loving, energetic, happy group of runners ever compiled for a race.
3) A great variety of costumes. Props to my sweet mother-in-law who constructed my Buddy the Elf costume.
4) A gangly race director with chicken legs. I got a bit choked up when I gave a few directors before the start and thanked the runners for supporting this little race of mine.
5) A downright frightening Sugar Ninja running around the course.
6) Lots......and lots........and LOTS of jumping.
7) Some fun-provoking weather.
8) And finally my good friend and very speedy runner named Tom Dansie who won the race and earned himself not only a medal but a pack of Twinkies. (That may or may not be a look of jealousy written across my face.)
This is only a sneak peak of the fun. Stay tuned tomorrow for the full race report!