The Bryce 100 is a mere two (no, not a typo) days away. Last night my kids offered to paint my toe nails so that I won't see if (when?) they turn black.
If by chance you'd like to follow my progress during the race, my sweet wife may be posting occasional updates on my Facebook page HERE. It starts Friday morning and ends Saturday evening.
This whole ultramarathon thing is all fun and games.......until someone gets their face clawed off! The race director Matt Gunn posted this picture from the course a few days ago. These are BEAR TRACKS. (Also not a typo. Bear.)
I don't anticipate dying from a bear attack during this run. There will be plenty of runners ahead of me to clear the bears out. But just in case, I would hate to perish without leaving all of you kind blog readers something personal. You'll just have to divide this stuff among yourselves.
I, Cory Reese, bequeath to you kind blog readers:
1) That box of pottery in the garage from my college ceramics class. (My wife will be SO happy that you're taking this off our hands.)
2) Anything you can find in our treat cupboard. Top shelf. Between you and me, there are a few bags of Cadbury Eggs up there.
3) If you're lucky, I think there may be some boondoggle key chains from my days as a young scout. And who doesn't love a good boondoggle key chain.
4) I'd offer our grass trimmer but that thing is such a piece of garbage that I'd have to pay you to take it.
5) My collection of CDs from high school. (Hope you like Boys II Men, Depeche Mode, and Hootie & The Blowfish.)
Please be respectful of each other. I don't want to be causing a lot of fighting for my stuff. That's not how I want to go out. (Dear bears, I taste like mushrooms and cauliflower and other yucky things. Don't eat me.)