Friday, March 21, 2014
Buffalo Attack! My Last Will And Testament
I ran this race last year also. I ran many miles of the race with my amazing friend Christie.
Within the first mile we passed a buffalo that seemed to be in a bit of a bad mood. We found out later that Christie's husband Wayne caught a picture of this grumpy buffalo giving someone a very forceful love tap against a fence. Don't worry, aside from a few bruised ribs he wasn't hurt. Would you like to see this incredible picture? Great, here you go. Props to Wayne for capturing this one!
So, while I don't plan to meet my maker at the feet of a buffalo this weekend, just in case I don't make it back alive I'd like to leave you with some personal belongings:
I, Cory Reese, bequeath to you kind blog readers:
1) That box of pottery in the garage from my college ceramics class. (My wife will be SO happy that you're taking this off our hands.)
2) Anything you can find in our treat cupboard. Top shelf. Between you and me, there are a few bags of Cadbury Eggs up there.
3) If you're lucky, I think there may be some boondoggle key chains from my days as a young scout. And who doesn't love a good boondoggle key chain!
4) I'd offer our grass trimmer but that thing is such a piece of garbage that I'd have to pay you to take it.
5) My collection of CDs from high school. (Hope you like Boys II Men, Depeche Mode, and Hootie & The Blowfish.)
Please be respectful of each other. I don't want to be causing a lot of fighting for my stuff. That's not how I want to go out. (Dear buffaloes, I taste like mushrooms and cauliflower and other yucky things. Don't eat me. Don't try to walk on me. Don't try to tickle me. Don't give me a love tap up against a chain link fence as my friends run away in fright.)