I haven't done much this week since the Mesquite Marathon. In this week of Thanksgiving, I am very thankful that I quickly forget just how much my legs hurt in the days following a marathon. Holy ouch. Here are some exciting tidbits for the week:
1) I am going to sign up for my first ULTRA-MARATHON!!!!!!! Originally I planned to do a 50k (31 miles) but decided to go big. I'm going to shoot for the Buffalo Run 50 MILE race on March 26th 2011! It is on Antelope Island in the Great Salt Lake. I am so excited about this. I wish it was next week.
2) You only have ONE WEEK to register for the Hostess Half Marathon! We need a count to order medals. The race is Saturday, December 18th. CLICK HERE for more information and to download the registration form.
3) The last time I won something, I was old enough to believe that Care Bears were real. I was at a grocery store and won a pineapple cake. I was not thrilled with the idea of sharing my loot with the rest of the family.
And then....recently I won something even cooler than a pineapple cake! I was the lucky winner of a marathon photo contest held by the awesome St. George Running Center. My prize: a sweet St. George Marathon jacket. I ain't kidding. Pure bliss. And for your viewing pleasure, behold these flashy jacket photos taken by my 9 year old:
(I likely will not quit my day job to become a jacket model.)
The peeps at St. George Running Center will fit you with the most comfortable shoes your feet have ever had the pleasure of walking in. So go check them out right now. Seriously. Go. I'll wait.
4) Check out this race review of the Mesquite Marathon from author Dane Rauschenberg who wrote the book One Man: 52 Marathons, 52 Weeks. He gives a good description of the crazy wind, and you'll see a picture taken by yours truly.
5) Anyone who runs will be able to relate with this short video clip called Why Do You Run? I think it's pretty sweet.