The magic number: 27:44.
Twenty seven hours. And 44 minutes.
That's the time of my fastest 100 miler. My goal at the Jackpot Ultra Running Festival 100 miler on Saturday is to beat 27:44. If that doesn't happen, the consequence will involve a punishment of McDonald's breakfast burritos and Celine Dion music.
I really have no barriers. I feel pretty well-trained. I ran a few times this past week and have no residual soreness from the Antelope Canyon 50 miler a few weeks ago. Saturday's run was splendid.
The JEM trail was the first trail I ever ran. Since then I have spent countless hours on this trail. I know every twist and turn and it feels like my home trail. It's like a little piece of heaven in my backyard.
This was the first run with some Altra Superior shoes. They felt a little more minimal than my other shoes and they felt good. I'll definitely give them some more miles at the Jackpot race.
My favorite part of the trail skirts right along the edge of the Virgin River.
Race Day Plans
- STAY HYDRATED (Daytime temps going to be around 80 degrees).
- Keep pace comfortable and consistent.
- Minimize time at aid stations.
- No curling up in fetal position on the side of the trail to suck thumb.
- Race smart. (Check out this podcast from Trailrunner Nation with some excellent race execution tips).
100 MILES OR BUST!!!!!!!!!!!!